Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing now?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,770 Times in 3,502 Posts

Re:What are you doing now?

Talon wrote:
    Actually, let me add to my post.....I'm FRUSTRATED with the tech dept here.......:evil: :evil: :evil: I have asked for them to build my HOMEADE TOYS & PLAYSTAND ROOM, why is it taking soooooo long<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/11/14 16:23
    Ahem, also other things that haven't happened in a month now....... ;-)

Got home last night, all the critters greeted with great fanfare and of course wife. Life is good now and will be until I go back to work Monday....Then the grind begins again.

The one nice thing I have while off-site at work, is this Forum and the enjoyment it begins in the doldrums of a fast paced tech company just trying to survive the downturn and keep most employees employed.

450 am here in presently dark California, little chilly, but warming to the mid 70s. BIG fires in southern Cali and I really feel for all those that have lost their homes and those that are watching the fires race towards theirs hoping they are spared.
    Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin. ~K.O. Eckland, "Footprints On Clouds"

Dayo in flight....

Thanks

Managed to re arrange the bird room yesterday and re decorated too. I now have a jungle/safari them in the room and I think I pulled it off pretty good

Tonight I am going to an antiques auction and hope to find a few good deals. If the weather permits that is. They are talking snow this afternoon And snow for the next 2 days I'm so not ready for that.{Holidays-000200B2}

Thanks

My Brother in law came this morning and put up some new light fittings in the living room for me.Well, realised one of the shades was missing so I had to go back to the shop.I was not pleased. I got the shade no problem, just the inconveniance. I am pleased with them though.MY friend came round with her little boy with a cake he had made for me. A little iced fairy cake which he promptly ate himself but he did want to give the birds some so they must be in his good books.He is so sweet.

Thanks

Charlie got me up nice and early this morning! I laid in bed listening to him whistling away and shouting "Charlie of the Marley boy!" I dont know where he gets some of this from but he is so funny.

Got a lot of household chores done and just finished scrubbing all the cages out, this saves me a job in the morning.

Going to order the boys some new toys next and food supplies, also going to treat them to one of the Cargo nets.

My husband is out on his bike and the kids are at friends, a lovely day on my own with the birds.

The weather is not bad at all today, a bit cool but at least its not raining.

Have a great Sunday everyone

Caroline.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,861 Times in 4,108 Posts

I slept in this morning as I usually do on the weekends and had a visit from my daughter and her son who usually come on the weekends and grandson was hungry as he always is so granny gave him a snack.

I sit down with the Sunday paper and read the news and go over the ads for this week at the stores.

Not doing much today, just relaxing and spending some time here as I usually do, I can't stay away it seems.

Its still windy here today and cooler but its nice on the inside, will play with my birdies:kiss:
    Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!

Thanks

Had a nice pieceful day. Spent the morning pottering about and then went to my sisters this afternoon.Charlie is sitting with me on the back of the chair. He is saying kiss kiss and making kissey noises and cleaning his feet.

Thanks

Today is Sunday. I went for a one-hour walk with my son earlier this morning. Then came home to do chores. Popped outside this afternoon to run the lawn mower over the leaves that are scattered about the yard when it started snowing. Stuck with it (like an idiot - I'm sure the neighbors were amused to see me out mowing the lawn in the snow) as long as possible before giving up as I no longer could tell where I'd "mowed". Cleaned Klaus' cage really well and fixed him some oatmeal. Now I'm waiting for hubby to put dinner on ... I'll collapse in front of the TV after dinner!
    Hope you all are having a great day!
    We have a lovely inch of snow here...doesn't seem like it's going to stick though.

Super Moderator/2ND PLACE CONTEST WINNER! luvparrots's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,349 Times in 3,574 Posts

What are you doing now?

I am having a marvelous Sunday. My breeder, Millie called me at 8:30 AM to tell me that my baby grey will be available 11/29 as she did the final formula feeding for the "lil brats" last night. They only want to fly around and not eat formula when they get out of their cage so that is that for them, Millie says. Hooray!!! She will wait 2 weeks before offering them out to new parents to make sure they are all eating well. Their diets are vegetables and fruits first in the AM then pellets. They have had everything and eat everything Millie says from pomegranates and mango to zucchini and carrot tops, she wants them to experience everything so none of her buyers will have any problems with their babies. I just luv Millie she is so patient and loving to her fids. Anyway that is what I am doing getting ready for my grey this fine Sunday. I have to remove most of all the toys and stuff I put in the cage because Millie says I can't overwhelm my new baby and to take it slow but to give lots of luv and cuddle time because that is want she has done to socialize her fids for their new parents. Millie has also been clipping their toenails so they will be use to it. I will also be getting Millie's recipe for birdie bread in my adoption packet which she makes for all the new parents. Of all four I get first pick, meaning I will be the first parent that the new babies will have to pick from. Hope one luvs me back!!!

~~~~~~~~~~ Ana Grey ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Louie ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sterling Gris ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lily ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

What are you doing now?

Well it Monday today so back to work ! I only work 10-00am to 2-00pm but it seems like all day ! I will then come home spend a peaceful hour with George and then my son gets home so peace shattered. I will then clean out George's cage get evening meal ready and try to relax before starting all over again tomorrow .

Thanks

Laurie,

That made me laugh about mowing the lawn!
    Do you still have snow or was it just a quick shower?

Janet, I bet you are so excited? It wont be long now until your new baby is home with you.Millie sounds like such a lovely person who only has the birds interest at heart.

11.40am here, and the weather is pretty miserable today! Its raining just for a change and pretty cool.
    Nothing much planned for today, just got the boys out who are playing away, they love it when the kids are at school all the attention is on them.

Have a great Monday everyone, hope no one has Monday blues!

Caroline.