Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: harrisons or zupreem

briansmum

harrisons or zupreem

i've heard really good things about both and would like more oppinions before i buy one as i don't want to have to switch him again. so which do i go for? all advice welcome, especially if you've tried both.

Brian is currently on the zupreem weaning nuggets, he doesnt eat his seed and pulses (i found out the pulses he has are in the pellets all ground up) so i need to switch to somthing he will eat quickly.

Monique

harrisons or zupreem

If I were weaning a new baby to pellets I would lean towards Harrisons. It's completely organic USDA human grade ingredients. They ONLY create bird food vs. food for other small animals, which to me means they focus more on birds. I would recommend looking at their web sites and you can see the difference. They both have different things they stress as being important so you can see a little bit the difference between the company missions. One other thing ... I know here in the states you can buy Zupreem nearly anywhere but Harrisons has to be bought from an on-line store.

Thanks

harrisons or zupreem

I use zupreem cause I can't get the other without shipping it. But to be honest Its just a filler. I feed 90% fruit/veggies/pasta/rice/ect... and the rest is zupreem mixed with seed mix.

Thanks

Re:harrisons or zupreem

Hey beccy,

I use Hagen Tropican, which I get 24Parrot online. They also sell Harrisons, and ususally have a 2 for 1 offer on it. I used to use Harrisons when I had birds before, but I'm broke at the moment, which is why I went for Hagen. Casper likes it, and it seems to have everything he needs in it. However, I'd go for Harrisons if I could afford it, and will probably try to switch Casper to it once I'm earning decent money again. If you go for Harrisons I'd advise you to use the fine grind, as it's a lot less wasteful than the Coarse grind.

I seem to remember you live in the north west - and there are quite a few avian vets (one near Chester and one in south manchester that I used to use) that stock Harrisons if you don't want to get it on line.

Julia

briansmum

thanks everyone, i think i will go for harrisons. i use 24parrot online quite a bit, i get all Brians toys from there and the poop off things :laugh:

Thanks

I really like the Lafeber's pellet also. But a few of my greys seem to toss it. I use a mixture of Zupreem, Lafeber and put in a smalll amount of Volkman Featherglow seed. They all get a soft food mix with fruits, veggies, beans, rice, etc. everyday also.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,667 Times in 3,782 Posts

My vet recommends Harrisons and I feed that, but Lafebers makes those nutriberries that I like to offer as treats and hide in foraging toys.
    Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!

Thanks

Harrison's Adult Lifetime Fine High Potency... Now that's a mouthful... :P

Thanks
    Thanked 6,135 Times in 2,101 Posts

Can you say it five times fast in a row??
    {Emotions-0002005A}

You'll Always Be My Sweet Addiction........

briansmum

rightyho.. well i got harrisons, i got 2 different types the high potency and the adult lifetime fine. it says as he is under 6 months i should keep him on the high potency for at least 6 months. should i? or can i use the other one aswell.

also theres all this on the back of the acket about only feeding him "dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy" fruits and veggies.. does this mean he ant have things like apples, grapes, sweetcorn and peppers anymore. i'm confused.

and lastly he has a calcium supplement every other day, do i still need to give him this or is it in the harrisons.