Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floor mat under cage... any ideas where I can find what I need??

Thanks

Floor mat under cage... any ideas where I can find what I need??

Hello... I was looking at office depot the other day for a desk floormat to put under the cage. The footprint of the cage is 24"x 34". I didn't see any desk mats for hard floors (all had spikes on the bottom) nor did I see anything big enough. Where can I buy such a thing? I was hoping to get something like 48"x60"...

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,202 Posts
    How about a linoleum remnant??

Thanks
    Thanked 8,030 Times in 2,589 Posts
    At Home Depot, there is flooring that looks like tile or wood, it comes in strips and self adheres to "float" on the flooring. It comes in a box of about 24 square feet and is about two dollar a square foot, but you could easily put it together in whatever configuration works best for your area. It is called Allure. It might be just the type of thing to help you set up an easy clean space around the cage.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 2,089 Posts
    I have ordered them online at Staples. All 2 of my cages have them...they are great! Cheap too!

You'll Always Be My Sweet Addiction........

Thanks
    if i was you i`d go to any flooring shop that fits and ask if they have any off cuts? sometime they will give away of be very low cost! and come on a roll so you can cut to size!!

please note do not let parrots at them some can contain metal in them for none slip! or soft backing!

Thanks
    Bird house - I have got to tell you that your picture makes me chuckle every time you make a comment to a post. I actually get tears in my eyes I laugh so hard. The expression on that owls face goes along with whatever comment you make.

As far as the question goes - I thought the lenoleum remnant idea was good but Lowes has plastic carpet runners too that I use in front of the cage or on the sides. They also have some mats for under office chairs but I don't know if they are large enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Janfromboone For This Useful Post:

birdhouse (09-29-2010)

Thanks
    Don't know if this is good, bad, or otherwise but I am looking at something like the 48"x72" shown here

http://www.americanfloormats.com/cha...hard-surfaces/

Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 2,089 Posts
    That is exactly what I have under my 3 bird cages.....I found it cheapest at Staples. They clean up very nicely!

You'll Always Be My Sweet Addiction........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 403 Posts
    I had one of those mats under Babalus cage in our other house and I did not like it to much... It was over carpet, and the weight of his cage put dents in the mat so it was a tad bit difficult to move the cage off of the mat. Also, I might have gotten a mat that was to small (due to price) but my cage did not fit over it to well and poops still hit the carpet. I had to make a cut and push the mat in front of the cage so the back was not over it. After some time the corners also started to bubble up and if you walked to close barefoot, ouch! Anyway her is a picture of mine, so I guess my point is, if you get one of the office mats, get a large one.

Thanks
    I wound up Ordering a 46"x60" designed for hard floors... No little spikes on the bottom. It should be delivered next week. Kimkim... I thought that the mat might get indented so much that it would be difficult to move. Stella's cage is half on carpet and half on tile so I figured I'd have the same problem you are speaking of with the part that is on the carpet. Right now we just have towels and bathmats down.... So I hope the desk mat is an improvement