Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cages made in USA?

Just Hatched
    Thanks

Cages made in USA?

Hello,
    I'm looking for at least one knew cage. I want to buy USA. Besides King's Cages, what are my options?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1ststatestereo For This Useful Post:

kins2321@yahoo.com (08-08-2013), Muse (03-05-2016), paleale (01-03-2013)

4TH PLACE CONTEST WINNER!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,214 Times in 870 Posts
    There are a few if you google bird cages made in the USA you'll get a few.
    Disclaimer: There are inherent dangers in any toy or food item. Please use due diligence when providing anything for your fid. Injury or death could occur from any item whether it is deemed bird safe or not. The writer of this post is not responsible for any success or failure in whole or in part of any parront. All warranties, whether expressed or implied, are valid for 2 minutes and begin at the time of posting. For warranty claims please call 1-800-TIMES-UP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingy For This Useful Post:

Muse (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,011 Times in 4,144 Posts
    There are lots of cages on ebay but harder to find ones made in the USA as sadly most are manufactured in foreign countries like China, contact the companies and ask.
    Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judygram For This Useful Post:

kins2321@yahoo.com (08-06-2013), Muse (03-05-2016)

Just Hatched
    Thanks
    It looks like I should just go with King's. All USA made cages seem to be much more expensive than their foreign made counterparts. If it's one thing I know, it's buy what you really want.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1ststatestereo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My cage is made by Expandable Habitats. Stainless steel from the US and built in the US. I highly recommend them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovethatgrey For This Useful Post:

Just Hatched
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ststatestereo View Post
    It looks like I should just go with King's. All USA made cages seem to be much more expensive than their foreign made counterparts. If it's one thing I know, it's buy what you really want.
    King's cages are made in China and don't have a lifetime warranty, or a year warranty the last time I checked. I own two Animal Environments cages and both are high quality.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedDragon1288 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Has anyone else dealt with Animal Environments? I emailed to ask about their powder coated cages. Someone by the name Carmen Daily wrote back telling me they don't make powder coated anymore. I like the look of the cages they make and that they're US made but I've been emailing a back and forth and Carmen is really putting on the hard sell and his (her?) english is really rough so it's hard to understand the writing sometimes. Any other experiences with them?
    Current Flock: Heather the Girlfriend, Evie the Senegal, & introducing Elwood the CAG

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstPenguin For This Useful Post:

Just Hatched
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstPenguin View Post
    Has anyone else dealt with Animal Environments? I emailed to ask about their powder coated cages. Someone by the name Carmen Daily wrote back telling me they don't make powder coated anymore. I like the look of the cages they make and that they're US made but I've been emailing a back and forth and Carmen is really putting on the hard sell and his (her?) english is really rough so it's hard to understand the writing sometimes. Any other experiences with them?
    Carmen Daily is a women and she is from Spain. Yes they don't make powder coated cages and there is a little language barrier but that's easy to over come. I overall have had a good experience with buying cages from Animal Environment. I have recently purchased two cages from her. The first one I bought last year was a custom Cockatoo Cage for Ruby but since we got Malachite we notice that Ruby only uses the top half of the cage. So I ordered another cage but the Amazon size instead because it's about the right size for Ruby, and Malachite is using the Cockatoo cage because he is very active in his cage and uses the whole cage. It does cost extra to order custom cages but all cages come with a lifetime warranty from defects and overall quality. I had my first cage shipped to me and it arrived all together and no damages. It is a semi-welded and sturdy as hell. lol. The Amazon I requested to be collapsible because I drove to pick it up which gave me an excuse to take some vacation time from work and spent some time in San Diego. At the time I had the pleasure of meeting Carmen when I picked up my cage. I saved my pennies to buys these for my fids.

Here are some picture of the cages.

this is the Cockatoo cage for Malachite

This is the Amazon Cage for Ruby

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedDragon1288 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 408 Posts
    My cages are HQ and used to be made in the US. Unfortunately, they are now made in China. I believe Cages By Design are US made - but they may not be your cup of tea: http://www.cagesbydesign.com/t-majesticbird.aspx. Also, there is Corners Unlimited. The website doesn't show much, but I've seen a few examples of cages in homes and they are pretty amazing: http://www.cornerslimited.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon1288 View Post
    Carmen Daily is a women and she is from Spain. Yes they don't make powder coated cages and there is a little language barrier but that's easy to over come. I overall have had a good experience with buying cages from Animal Environment. I have recently purchased two cages from her. The first one I bought last year was a custom Cockatoo Cage for Ruby but since we got Malachite we notice that Ruby only uses the top half of the cage. So I ordered another cage but the Amazon size instead because it's about the right size for Ruby, and Malachite is using the Cockatoo cage because he is very active in his cage and uses the whole cage. It does cost extra to order custom cages but all cages come with a lifetime warranty from defects and overall quality. I had my first cage shipped to me and it arrived all together and no damages. It is a semi-welded and sturdy as hell. lol. The Amazon I requested to be collapsible because I drove to pick it up which gave me an excuse to take some vacation time from work and spent some time in San Diego. At the time I had the pleasure of meeting Carmen when I picked up my cage. I saved my pennies to buys these for my fids.

Here are some picture of the cages.
    Thanks for posting the pics those cages look great. Something about it almost seems suspicious. I've gotten scammed once by a small boutique company. My girlfriend insisted on buying those JWR exotic air filters and humidifer. What a joke that guy was. So I guess I bring baggage to the situation.

The price is under other stainless cages. They still have the powder coated cages on the site but don't make them anymore. So it almost feels like a bait and switch, because carmen really just keeps emailing you once you respond and it's hard to find them mentioned any other place. I think that has something to do with the common terms in the name.
    Current Flock: Heather the Girlfriend, Evie the Senegal, & introducing Elwood the CAG

19. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstPenguin For This Useful Post:

Muse (03-05-2016)