Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parrot "Bite Me!!!" Club

Thanks
    Thanked 10,776 Times in 3,504 Posts

The Parrot "Bite Me!!!" Club

Hi All,

Since I have a track record of late, at receiving Bites while completely minding my own business.:evil: I have been asked to be the CEO of a new Start-Up called "The Parrot Bite Me Club". :woohoo:

So as most of you have probably read already, of my expert level mastery of consistently receiving Bites Daily, lets hear your adventures in biting!!

{Feel-bad-00020080}[b]<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/16 03:52
    Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin. ~K.O. Eckland, "Footprints On Clouds"

Dayo in flight....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danmcq For This Useful Post:

carolz7 (04-24-2013), danie169 (03-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,809 Times in 2,494 Posts

The Parrot Bite Me Club

Very Nice Dan! Thank-you for this. This ought to be filled with lots of great stories,

Talon does bite on occasion, if you ignore her while she is on you. But my best story is how one time when I had just gotten out of the shower, she flew onto my bare shoulder and landed SHARP talons and all, if that wasn't enough to yell "OUCH!", she proceeded to, in one quick swipe........rip BOTH my diamond studded earrings out of my ear, and into her beak! That was quite a feat for her, and a painful one for me!!!

{Feel-bad-00020080}

So, I guess Welcome to the club is in order for me!inch:

You'll Always Be My Sweet Addiction........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:

xSarahx (03-26-2012)

Moderator/1ST PLACE CONTEST WINNER! TalonSis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re:The Parrot Bite Me Club

Can I join the club? Talon's bitten me LOTS of times. A lot of times it's when I want her to step-up, but she won't. Sometimes I fall for the "sucker-punch' when she pretends she wants to step-up, then bites you! inch:

I have gotten bitten by my horse, too. Once he bit my finger so hard, I have a scar now! :blink:

Melissa

Thanks

Hey, I've gotten bit by that same horse more times than I can count, just the other day, he flipped his head up and punched me square in the nose!! Boy did that make my eyes water.

Can I skip the 12 step program too?.......on second thought, I never seem to learn, so I better repeat it. I'll see you guys on the second Tuesday of the month at 25:00 zulu time. inch: inch:

Dan, I have continued to wear earrings, I'm just quick to keep them covered by my hair. :S

Thanks

Talon -

Yes, you could by-pass the 12 step, but since you are wearing your earrings again. You can be an honorary speaker at the next meeting.:laugh:

Me wife owned horses over the years and it ALL HURTS extremely bad when being delivered by a 1000 pound dynamo with neck muscles as big in diameter as (Ahem) most of our waist's, jaw muscles the size of a Soft Baseball and back legs that with a single kick can kill you with one good kick to the sternum or head.hmy:

Of course, those can be avoided, such as the horse Nose Slap to yours, by using a restraining strap to keep that head from coming up.

Guess I got a little off topic here talking Horses. But the Biting was in it! :-)
    Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin. ~K.O. Eckland, "Footprints On Clouds"

Dayo in flight....

Thanks

Judy,

Having a Parrot large enough next to your face or ear that can scar you for life, doesn't scare you?

It does me, Dayo kept wanting to climb up and I would not let him.

I know your very tame, but what if they lose balance slip and grab the closest thing to them clamping down as hard as they can to stop themselves from falling? hmy:

I would love to trust Dayo that much, but the risks and damage possible are something I would not be willing to take.

Not after personally experiencing what a "Baby" CAG can do today It pierced both times it attacked, much to my surprise. I had my hand balled up tight so there would not be any "Loose" flesh. That powerful beak still still dug in leaving wounds from both the top and bottom beaks both times it bit me :blink:

I know it's a personal thing, but not one for me :-)

Dayo in flight....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to danmcq For This Useful Post:

Kya (09-04-2016)

Thanks

Thanks Dan, Yes horses are dangerous, but this particular horse is a young ex-race horse that was very abused. You know what happens to them, so he has a lot of attack mechanisms he tries to use before you can get the better of him. That's where you have to be careful.

But back to birds. Once you have bonded with your bird, and you build the trust with them, they won't bite for just any old reason. You'll be able to know when it happens most times, by reading their body language. Talon never bites too hard if you are paying attention to her moods. She loves to be on our shoulder, and will respect it, if you listen to her when she wants to go do something else.
    I guess their all different. :dry:

Thanks

Ok I need to join the club. Quinn bites me when I least expect it. When I am cleaning up a spill in the cage...a bite to the ear. When I am cleaning up a spill in the cage across from him, a bite in the butt! Ouch! I know now if I say "step up" and he does not lift his foot, that he will bite me. He loves my husband now, and used to hate him and bite him.He still wants to sit with me and will play towel peek a boo, but I am nervous to let him sit on my shoulder now. He used to, until he switched his affections. He wants to be a good boy but the devil gets into him sometimes:evil:When he bites me I make him do step ups. My grandson calls them punishment pushups!
    Jiggy is my sweetest bird. She is so gentle...with me...but will bite my husband in a heartbeat. These greys!!:S

Thanks

I got a nice bite today from Mirek.. watching tv and he was sitting on my lap an chewing my shirt. He focused to about 3" above the belt and then took a nice big chomp on the side of my stomach, through the shirt of course as thats what he was attempting to nibble on. I yelped like a puppy; I didn't see it coming.

Poor little Mirek was just all upset he did something wrong and then started to try and bury his head in the couch while screaming.

Even while I type this now, there's still a red mark on my side and it hurts to even look at it lol.

Thanks

Jack is always looking for a chance to bite me. He's gotten my fingers plenty of times, and once, somehow, the top of my upper lip. I had a scar there for about a year, but it's disappeared. I also have a couple of holes in a few of my shirts, Geoff. =P Haha I can't imagine Jack being upset that he managed to bite me, let alone burying his head in shame. XD