+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: N'Kisi Project- telepathy with greys

High Flyer Lyric has a spectacular aura about Lyric has a spectacular aura about Lyric has a spectacular aura about Lyric's Avatar
    Thanks

N'Kisi Project- telepathy with greys

In my internet research on birds I came across the following site that I thought was very interesting:
    http://www.sheldrake.org/nkisi/
    Basically, it is about a research project that involved an African grey named N'Kisi and his owner Aimee Morgana. Aimee spent hours with her bird, and he had developed quite a vocabulary because of her efforts. She had discovered that he seemed to have knowledge about things she was thinking about or looking at even if she wasn't within his sight. She contacted a guy who had done research about dogs knowing when their owners are coming home before they arrive. The project involves interspecies communication and telepathy. N'Kisi was videotaped in a separate room from Aimee while she looked at pictures of certain objects that N'Kisi knew the labels for. In many instances he could describe what she was looking at- it seemed to me that it proved a certain amount of telepathy existed between the two. This was done in 2002. I haven't been able to find any more updated information about the two or any additional information about this project. There is also a cute sound clip of Aimee and N'Kisi interacting with a toy. I thought people on this site might be interested in reading about them too.
    I'd like to know if anyone on here has experienced anything similar with their talking birds? I find the whole prospect very intriquing and one more step in proving how intelligent other species besides us can be, similar but also very different from the studies involving Alex. Hope you enjoy it.

Super Moderator danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,369 Posts

N'Kisi Project- telepathy with greys

I put my Karnak hat on, but so far am not receiving anything ;-)

I believe the reason the story died in the 2002 era, is due to no substantiating evidence. :-)

I could be wrong though, since my Karnak Hat is on the blink.B)
    Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin. ~K.O. Eckland, "Footprints On Clouds"

Dayo in flight....

High Flyer BMustee is on a distinguished road BMustee's Avatar
    Thanks

Re:N'Kisi Project- telepathy with greys

LOL!!!!

I couldn't resist!:laugh:
    Attached Images

Junior Member Tunjee is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

A few years ago I saw the show that featured Nkisi and Sheldrakes studies. It was absolutely amazing. I am still intrigued by the abilities of Nkisi and very suprised there has been no more about it in recent years since then. But what really got me back on this subject is my 4 year old grey Bosco. It just started a few weeks ago. When I get the feeling of a yawn coming on and I start to yawn, Bosco makes the sound of me yawning. Put yourself in my shoes. Your lying there on the couch watching TV and you start to yawn. Your mouth stretches wide open and you slowly and silently draw in air. Right at that moment you hear something from the other room. It's your pet grey and it's making a yawning a sound. Your bird cant see you and you cant see your bird. You get up off the couch and go into the other room and look at your bird and wonder, how the hell did you know I was yawning. Are you making fun of me or just having fun with me. How did you do it?

This has happened 10 times in the past few weeks. What triggers Bosco to yawn when I yawn, when there is no visual or audible communication going on here?

Super Moderator danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq has a reputation beyond repute danmcq's Avatar
    Thanks

I think your Grey can read your bodu language beter than you think. We all start a yawn off when a certain facial action, even the slightest sing of this that is consistant, your Grey would pick up. They are keenly superior to us in detecting suttle changes we would never notice.

Just a thought. But, my CAG Dayo Yawns when I do also. :-)
    Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin. ~K.O. Eckland, "Footprints On Clouds"

Dayo in flight....

Thanks

LOL BMustee - I just noticed you posted the CarnaK Photo

Dayo in flight....

Thanks

How does body language play a part in this situation. I dont see how you are making a connection with body language when absolutely no body language can be read visually or communicated to the bird because the bird is in the other room. Plain and simple the bird cannot see me. How is this possible?

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't read that your bird was in another room. :-) Does he have mirrors to spy on you ;-)

Dayo in flight....

Just Hatched DUKEdevils36 is on a distinguished road DUKEdevils36's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never heard of this. Thanks for posting.

Thanks

Heh, I actually thought of that too Dan. I checked around the room and there is no way he can see me. So how's he pickin up on my yawns?

+ Reply to Thread